Chicken Pad Kra Tiem Prik Thai Recipe
The Chicken Pad Kra Tiem Prik Thai Recipe is a dish that has been around for quite a long time and is made with a lot of ingredients. The spices are what make it special. It has been called the national dish of Thailand and many people love this dish. It’s one of those dishes that you just can’t resist eating because it tastes so good and you have to have more.
Chicken Pad Kra Tiem Prik Thai Recipe was traditionally made by monks who lived in monasteries and sold them on the streets for very cheap prices. Over time, people started making this dish at home and selling it in restaurants as well. Today, we can find many different types of restaurants that serve this delicious meal, but they all have the same basic ingredients and they use the same method to make it: chicken, curry paste, basil leaves, lime juice, sugar cane vinegar, and salt!
There are many different types of Pad Kra Tiem Prik Thai Recipe, but all of them include chicken in some form or another. If you want to know how to make Chicken Pad Kra Tiem Prik Thai Recipe at home then read on below!
How to Cook Chicken Pad Kra Tiem Prik Thai Recipe?
Chicken Pad Kra Tiem Prik Thai is a Thai dish that is made with chicken breast, tofu, and bean sprouts. The entire dish is steamed in a clay pot called a kra tiem. This recipe is the most common type of pad kra tiem prik thai and it’s also the easiest to make.
2. Cutter Board
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
Yield: 5 servings
Calories: 250 kcal
Ingredients for Recipe
- 1 pound of thinly-sliced, bite-sized chicken breast or thigh
- 6 mashed garlic cloves
- Crushed 1/2 teaspoon of whole white pepper
- Crushed 1/2 teaspoon of whole black pepper
- A serving of soy sauce
- Oyster sauce, two tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon sweet and sour black sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar, granulated
- Vegetable oil, two tablespoons
- 14 cups of water, or as required
- A dash of salt & pepper, as desired
- Leaves of cilantro for garnish
- Sliced tomato, and cucumber
- Served-warm jasmine rice
Directions for Recipe
- Chicken should be mixed with oyster sauce, soy sauce, and pepper in a mixing dish and marinated for at least 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Garlic and whole peppercorns should be crushed or blended into a paste using a small blender or a pestle and mortar.
- Pepper paste and garlic should be stir-fried in hot oil in a skillet or wok until just starting to become light brown.
- Cook for three to five minutes after adding the marinated chicken. The chicken breast will cook more quickly.
- Add black sweet sauce along with water and sugar. Stir-fry the meat until it is well done. The seasoning… As needed, add a touch of salt and pepper.
- Add cilantro leaves as a garnish and place them on the serving tray.
- Serve heated with veggie salad or cooked jasmine rice.
Read More: Pearl River Roll Recipe
Tips for Chicken Pad Kra Tiem Prik Thai Recipe
Chicken Pad Kra Tiem Prik Thai is a delicious and simple dish to make at home. It is not only known for being a portion of popular street food, but it is also famous for its health benefits. The chicken meat can be boiled or grilled, depending on your preference. You can add any vegetables you like such as cucumber or tomato slices to make it more colorful.
The best way to cook the chicken is by simmering it until the meat becomes tender and soft. Usually, this dish is eaten with rice noodles or with crispy fried noodles (Kuay Teow). If you are looking for a healthier alternative, then you should try steamed rice instead of fried rice.
Prepare some oil in a wok or skillet by heating it up over medium heat until it’s hot enough to fry the egg noodles without burning them (about 2 minutes). Then add the eggs and stir quickly so that they don’t stick together too much. When they’re all mixed together, add some salt and pepper if desired and stir once more before removing from heat.
The Chicken Pad Kra Tiem Prik Thai Recipe is an authentic Thai dish that you can enjoy with your family or friends. It’s a great dish to have at home or as part of your party menu. It’s also easy to make and you can prepare it in less than 30 minutes.