If chicken is a staple protein in your family and you love this chicken pot pie, just wait until you try this healthier chicken pot pie IX recipe. We’re not kidding when we say this is the best one yet! In fact, it’s one of our most popular recipes of all time, with so many views. It’s so good that it’s even inspired knockoffs from other blogs and bloggers out there – which are great, but ours still reigns supreme.
This classic chicken pot pie ix recipe has all the goods. Because, this recipe contains a flaky, creamy sauce, buttery crust, and a hearty mix of vegetables and chicken. Further, it’s super easy to make, which makes it a great recipe for novice cooks and busy families alike. If you love to cook at home because it makes your family healthier and happier than eating out or ordering in, then you won’t want to miss this one!
This recipe has been in the works since 2009 – and it shows. We take pride in our recipes being worth the effort they require; there may be easier ways to get dinner on the table some nights, but there are few that taste better than this classic comfort food that we grew up with.
How to Make Perfect Healthier Chicken Pot Pie IX Recipe?
This recipe will take about an hour and 10 minutes to complete. Now it will take 50 minutes for cooking and the remaining 20 minutes for preparation. Here are the amount of 6 people ready, you can increase or decrease this amount as needed.
Cook time: 50 mins
Preparation time: 20 mins
Yield: 19-inch pie
Here is a complete list of ingredients needed for a classic chicken pot pie recipe.
- 1 lb. skinless, chicken breasts (boneless) cut into cubes
- 1 cup of green peas (frozen)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 4 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup celery sliced thin
- Lightly chop 1/3 cup onion
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- One-half teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- One and three-quarters cups of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup soy, rice, or almond milk
- 2 (9-inches) pie shells
So let’s see how to cook a healthier chicken pot pie IX recipe. When all the equipment and ingredients have been collected, the following steps need to be followed properly.
- Prepare the oven for baking by setting the oven temperature to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a large saucepan, combine chicken, carrots, peas, and celery. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, adding water to cover. Once everything’s cooked, drain the liquid and set aside the food. Cook for 15 minutes, and be sure to check the chicken occasionally.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook onions in butter until they are soft enough to be easily mashed against the side of the pan with a spoon. Gradually stir in flour until the mixture becomes pasty, then gradually stir in chicken broth and milk. Simmer over low heat until the liquid thickens, stirring continuously. Once the sauce has been removed from heat, keep stirring it for five minutes to prevent it from separating into its component parts.
- Put the chicken mixture into the bottom pie crust. Pour the hot liquid mixture over it. Cover it with the top crust and seal the edges. Cutaway excess dough from the edges. Make several small holes in the top of the pie to let the steam come out while it bakes.
- After the dough has chilled, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Bake the pie for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the crust becomes golden-brown and the mixture is bubbly. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
This healthier chicken pot pie ix recipe will contain 560 Calories, 25g Protein, 31g Total Fat, 4g Sugars, 50g Cholesterol, 44g carbohydrates, and many more.
Chicken pot pie IX recipe is considered to be one of the healthiest American chicken recipes. It is very popular for its taste and nutrition. Since you have the opportunity to learn this recipe, you should enjoy it.