Cast iron or grill pan is essential for grilling chicken indoors. Without a grill, you can still grill on a stove-top with a cast iron or a nonstick grill pan. Now the question is how to grill chicken in a pan on the stove without a grill pan. Here, you will need heavy-duty type pans. Cast iron is the best choice for your outdoor grilling because it retains heat and gives a smoky flavor to the meat. You can also use heavy-duty aluminum foil to make your own grill pan at home!
- Cast Iron or Nonstick Grill Pan – Both of these pans will help you make tender, juicy grilled chicken even when your outdoor grill is not available. The cast iron retains heat and transfers it evenly to the chicken while it is cooking. Nonstick makes it easy to clean up the mess.
- Heavy-Duty Aluminum Foil – A heavy-duty foil can be used as a homemade grill pan. Fold the sides of the foil over to make a tray, then place the chicken on top of that and cook. This keeps chicken off the bottom of your pan and allows you to use less oil in cooking them with clean-up being much easier too!
Spicing your chicken up with different herbs and spices adds a ton of flavor and can spice up your normal menu. There’s no need to have to buy expensive spices and make the same tasteless chicken breast over and over again.
Why Do You Grill Chicken in a Pan on the Stove?
You’ve got a killer chicken marinade ready to go. The grill is hot and ready for that perfectly seasoned and seared chicken. But you’re indoors, sans grill. Don’t let that stop you from making a perfectly grilled dish in your kitchen!
This method is an easy way to cook grilled chicken without a grill at home. Its flavor is enhanced with a light marinade, which cooks fast. Plus, the cooking surface keeps the chicken away from messy flare-ups that happen on the grill, so you can truly enjoy the smoky flavors of the seasoning without worrying about a mess or fuss. And if you want to impress your guests by doing something unexpected yet still delicious, this is the way to go.
How to Grill Chicken in a Pan on the Stove without Grill Pan?
This section will discuss in detail how to make grilled chicken at home in just 20 minutes, leaving 15 minutes for cooking after 5 minutes of pre-preparation.
Gathering the following pieces of equipment will make your work much easier. Let’s take a look at the necessary equipment-
2. Cutting Board
3. 10-inch or larger skillet
4. Watch or timer
5. Pan for frying chicken
6. Plate for serving
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Recipe Yield: 4
Calories: 115 kcal
This amount of ingredient information can be served to up to 4 people. You can easily increase or decrease the amount according to your needs.
- 4 medium chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless about 115 grams each.
- 1 and a quarter teaspoon of fresh or dried basil, parsley, or cilantro.
- 1 and a quarter teaspoons dried oregano.
- Half teaspoon ground cumin.
- Half teaspoon of garlic powder or 2 cloves, minced.
- Add pepper and salt to taste.
- Add the juice of 1 lemon or lime, if desired.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil.
Now we are going to the main part of how to grill chicken in a pan on the stove without a grill pan. This means going to the instructional stage which will be completed in four important steps. Let’s see then-
- Marinate Chicken Breats – Mix all the dry ingredients in a small bowl and adjust seasonings as necessary. Lightly rub both sides of the chicken with the mixture.
- Prepare Pan to Cook – Place a heavy-duty grill pan over high heat. It should be hot enough in 2-3 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-high and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan, distributing it evenly as you swirl the pan to coat its surface.
- Fry Enough – Coat a pan with some olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts, and cook for 5-6 minutes on one side. Then, use tongs to flip the chicken breasts over. Cook for another 5-6 minutes, until the other side are firm.
- Serve Up – Rest chicken breasts for 5 minutes in the pan before cutting. Sprinkle them with a little bit of lemon or lime juice before serving. (The juice is optional.)
You can Get Instructions from this Video
You can also watch our recipe through video. You can also get a hard copy and a PDF copy if you want, using the print button below.
Benefits and Demerits of Pan Grilled Chicken Breast
Just as there are two sides to the coin, so there are some good and bad sides to every subject. Here’s how to put one together for use with grilled chicken.
Benefits of Grilled Chicken
Grilled chicken is a low-calorie, fat-free food that can provide you with a wealth of nutrients. Because it is high in protein and is cooked without oil, grilled chicken is the perfect option for those who are looking to lose weight. It is also an excellent source of vitamin C, and it contains phosphorus, which helps your body produce energy.
Demerits of Grill Chicken
Grill chicken is great but can be dangerous to your health. It increases the risk for certain cancers, increases your chance of having high blood pressure and diabetes, inflammation can hurt your body, constipation is not fun, and cholesterol can be high which may lead to obesity. You should ask yourself one question – would you eat this every day?
If you want, you can use the following Chicken Grill Pan to make this recipe.[amazon box=”B00UWO5CAW,B074CVHYZF”]