Savannah Bars Recipe by Great Harvest Bread Company
Savannah Bars are one of the most popular items at Great Harvest Bread Company. This is because of the Savannah Bars Recipe itself. But also because of the Savannah Bar flavor. The delectable oatmeal cookie crust is topped with succulent pieces of fruit, wholesome rolled oats, and a sweet hint of shaved coconut. Topped with cookie crumbles, this standout bar is perfect for breakfast on the go or warmed up with ice cream for dessert. The Savannah Bar has a 100% whole grain quinoa, brown rice, and millet blend topped with nuts and seeds making it a great choice for those looking to increase their fiber intake.
This bar is based on a recipe that was created by our head baker’s Aunt Martha back in 1972. Her recipe was handed down through generations and eventually, she presented it to us! We loved the recipe so much that we continued to make hers while also making changes to fit our tastes as well as what we thought people would want in a fruit and oatmeal bar more than 40 years later. And now you know why Savannah Bars are so special here at Great Harvest!
How to Make Savannah Bars Recipe Properly?
The savannah bars recipe requires certain ingredients, some directions, as well as some essential equipment. These are discussed here. If you are less interested in sugar, then you can also enjoy the taste of sugar-free malted milk chocolate balls without the savannah bars recipe. However, we move on to the main discussion.
2. Electric Mixer
3. Cake Pan
Preparation Time: 40 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 1 hrs 10 mins
Yield: 1 Cake, 20 Servings
Food Type: Dessert
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 ounces melted unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (4 ounces) bar German chocolate
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter or 8 tablespoons unsalted margarine
- 1/2 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 and 2/3 cups evaporated milk
Here the directions for making cakes and sauces are presented separately.
- Making Cake
- First, heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Now shorten the brown sugar with an electric mixer and cream it well.
- When the cream is done, add vanilla and buttermilk to it and add melted delicious chocolate.
- Add a whole egg to the mixer.
- Add flour.
- Add salt and baking soda according to your taste with flour.
- Take the dry ingredient in it and keep beating for 2 minutes.
- Collect a cake pan at this stage, and pour the prepared butter in there. Make sure your cake pan is 13×9-inch rectangular.
- Now keep baking for spring. Bake for up to 40 minutes. Insert a toothpick to make sure your cake is done.
- Once baked, let it cool for 10 minutes.
- When cool, store in a separate container.
- Making Sauce:
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the German chocolate.
- Now add powdered sugar to it and keep stirring. Add the liquid milk here and mix in such a way that the finished mixture turns into liquid and no granules are left.
- Continue cooking like this, after cooking for about 4 minutes you will see that it has turned into cream and it will look like a thick sauce.
- At this stage add vanilla and keep stirring again.
- It can be served with hot fudge sauce and cake slices.
- You can have a glass of cold milk if you want and enjoy it.
Savannah bars recipe contains 520 kcal, 12 grams saturated fat, 0.5-gram trans-fat, 55 milligrams cholesterol, 210 milligrams sodium, 82 grams carbohydrates, and 8 grams protein.
Savannah bars recipe has been served at many local bars to this day. It can be found in many flavors, and can usually be purchased as a whole pie or a slice at most bar counters. Savannah bars recipe is really delicious with a cold glass of milk or even some hot coffee.