Chicken Verona is a classic Italian dish that features sautéed chicken, tender vegetables, and a cream sauce. It’s one of those dishes that can be made in a variety of ways, depending on what you have on hand. You can make it with fresh mushrooms or even canned mushrooms if you prefer. A few dashes of Worcestershire sauce will add another layer of flavor to your dish.
The main ingredients in this recipe are onion, garlic, celery, and carrot. You’ll add the chicken breast to the pan after it has been seared in oil and then browned on each side. The vegetables will be added next before you pour in the cream sauce and cook them until they’re tender but still crisp enough to hold their shape when served.
What is Chicken Verona Recipe?
Chicken Verona is a traditional dish from the city of Verona, Italy. It is a simple dish that uses chicken, potatoes, and onions. The chicken is usually cooked in milk or white wine and then finished off with cream.
This dish was originally made with potatoes rather than pasta, but it has become so popular that it is now served with pasta or rice. You can also add herbs and spices such as rosemary or thyme to give it extra flavor.
Read More: Best Spelt Challah Recipe
How to Make Chicken Verona Recipe?
Chicken Verona is a specialty of the region around Verona, Italy. The dish is made with chicken, fennel, and lemon juice. It is served cold as an appetizer or snack.
1. Medium Bowl
3. Big Soup Pot
4. Small Bowl
7. Cooking Spoon
Preparation Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Total Time: 1 hr 5 mins
Yield: 5 servings
Calories: 100 kcal
Ingredients for Recipe
- A quarter cup of margarine or butter
- Minced garlic clove
- One cup of breadcrumbs (here has used the seasoned ones)
- A third of a cup of parmesan cheese
- 14 cups of flakes of parsley
- 1 teaspoon of dried mustard
- Pepper and salt
- 4-5 chicken tenderloins or boneless breasts
Directions for Recipe
- Add chopped chicken, lemon juice, rosemary, and garlic to a medium bowl.
- Stir thoroughly to evenly coat all the chicken pieces.
- For two hours, let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator.
- Heat oil to medium-high heat in a big soup pot.
- Add the diced peppers, zucchini, and onions.
- Add the marinated chicken and start sautéing after the onions are transparent. Don’t allow the vegetables to brown; stir them occasionally.
- Make your sauce while the chicken, vegetables, and both are cooking.
- Combine heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and yogurt in a small bowl.
- Add the sauce and prepared gnocchi when the chicken is 3/4 cooked (approximately 15 minutes). To blend, stir.
- Simmer for a further 5–10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- To taste, add salt.
- Serve the recipe with your desired things on a plate.
Tips for Recipe
A truly delicious chicken dish, Verona is one of our most popular dishes. It’s a simple dish that can be prepared in a matter of minutes, but it will leave your guests craving more.
The marinade is what makes this dish so special. It uses lemon juice, fresh parsley, and garlic to create a tangy flavor that pairs perfectly with the chicken itself. The cheese on top adds an extra layer of flavor and texture, making it even more delicious!
This recipe is quite easy to prepare, but don’t let that fool you! The amount of time required for this recipe depends entirely on how many people are eating at your table; if there are only two people eating, then it will take less time for you to cook than if there were six or more people dining with you.
Chicken Verona is a classic Italian dish that originated in the region of Emilia-Romagna. It’s a simple, yet delicious, the dish that’s traditionally made with chicken thighs and veal. Here I’ve used boneless skinless chicken thighs instead. You can use bone-in if you prefer. This chicken Verona recipe can be prepared in 30 minutes or less, making it perfect for busy weeknights!