How to Make a Delicious Tostada Compuesta Recipe at Home?
The Tostada Compuesta is a traditional Mexican dish that consists of a fried tortilla (usually made with corn), refried beans, lard, or oil and cheese. The word “tostada” means “toasted”. It can be served with a variety of toppings including guacamole, pico de gallo, lettuce, tomatoes, and sour cream.
The ingredients are cooked on a griddle which gives the taco its characteristic crispy texture. The aroma from all these ingredients cooking together is unforgettable!
When you’re ready to make your tostada compuesta, spread the refried beans on a large tray. Mix thoroughly after adding salt and cumin.
Place the chopped onion in a bowl with the garlic and coriander and mix well. Mix well after adding to the beans.
Next, place the mixture into a large frying pan on medium heat and fry for about 5 minutes until crispy. When finished, the mixture ought to be crumbly. However, check out some alternative beef recipes. Such as-
- Pho Tai Bo Vien Recipe
- Tostones Rellenos De Pollo Recipe
- Costillas En Chile Colorado Recipe
- Yu Shiang Beef Recipe
1. Frying Pan
4. Fork and Spoons
5. Frying Pan
Preparation Time: 1 hr 30 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Total Time: 1 hr 15 mins
Yield: 4 servings
Calories: 1376.7 kcal
Ingredients for Tostada Compuesta Recipe
- 2 lbs. of ground beef
- 1 diced onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Cumin, 2 teaspoons
- Oregano, two tablespoons
- 1/4 of a chili powder
- Tomato sauce, 1 cup
- 3 tablespoons vinegar made from red wine
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- A teaspoon of lime juice
- 1/4 tsp of the chili powder
- Oil, 12 tablespoons, olive
- Half a teaspoon of parsley
- One-half teaspoon of garlic powder
- 4 tortillas
- 2 cups refried beans, 12 ounces of shredded Colby-Monterey jack cheese, 3 cups of shredded lettuce, and 1 cup of diced tomatoes
- 14 cup sliced black olives
- 4 ounces of sour cream
- Guacamole, 1/4 cup
Instructions for Tostada Compuesta Recipe
- Fry beef and onions together to make Mexican beef; drain grease.
- Add chili powder, cumin, oregano, and garlic.
- Tomato sauce is added.
- For 20 minutes, simmer.
- Combine parsley, honey, red wine vinegar, lime juice, chili powder, olive oil, and garlic powder.
- The oven should be preheated to 400 degrees.
- Spread refried beans on a tostada after adding some meat to them.
- On a cookie sheet, place.
- Put cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven until the beans boil and the cheese melts.
- Half a cup of lettuce should be placed on the plate, followed by tomatoes, black olives, and vinaigrette.
- Add a scoop of the meat, some cheese, sour cream, and guacamole to the side.
Per serving or 680 grams dish contains 1376.7 kcal calories, 954 grams fat (106 grams fat, and 37.5 grams saturated fat), 237.5 milligrams cholesterol, 1553.2 milligrams sodium, 34.7 grams carbohydrate (9 grams dietary fiber, and 11.1 grams sugars), and 72.2 grams protein.
Tostada Compuesta is a great vehicle for sauces and fillings. They can be served plain with a little salsa, or stuffed with beans and cheese.
Tostada Compuesta is made in many different styles, but they all have one thing in common: they’re flat. This is because they’re typically fried, which makes them easy to stack and share with others.