Today’s discussion will go on the Saltgrass Baked Potato Soup Recipe. I love soup, and I’m sure many of you do as well. Weeknight meals may be made quickly and easily using potato soup, which is a favorite in my family of five. However, adding a bag of frozen salt grass potatoes to your chosen soup recipe is a pretty straightforward option. If you use organic potatoes, you can get away with it. But you should definitely try this salt grass potato soup recipe because of the healthy properties of these potatoes.
One of kind and distinctive soup is saltgrass baked potato soup. Since it genuinely has a comfortable texture and the ideal flavor combination, it is our favorite. Although a little touch of spice always improves baked potatoes, you have to try it to believe how fantastic this soup is.
Although this saltgrass baked potato soup recipe is simple to prepare, it calls for some amazing ingredients. Fresh potatoes, saltgrass, no salt added soup, onion, carrot, potatoes, celery, green onions, and bacon drippings are also required. You may start making the saltgrass baked potato soup once you have all of your ingredients ready.
Saltgrass Baked Potato Soup Recipe
Saltgrass Baked Potato Soup is a portion of great comfort food for the winter season. The soup is made with baked potatoes, bacon, and cheese. It can be served with or without croutons.
There are several ways to prepare the soup. One recipe calls for baking the potatoes in the oven until they are soft, then chopping them into small pieces. The bacon is cooked until crisp and then chopped into small pieces as well. You can choose any type of cheese that you like. I usually use cheddar or Swiss cheese shredded into small pieces. Finally, all of the ingredients are mixed together and heated on the stove until hot and bubbly!
This soup is perfect for a cold day! It’s hearty, comforting, and delicious!
How to make a Saltgrass Baked Potato Soup Recipe?
This soup’s recipe is so easy to make that it’s nearly unbelievable. Only a few items and an hour of your time are required. When you want a warm lunch on a chilly night, Saltgrass Baked Potato Soup is ideal. The thyme gives just enough flavor to keep things interesting while the potatoes provide a sturdy base for the soup. It’s fantastic for feeding a hungry family or group of friends without breaking the bank because it’s also highly cost-effective.
Preparation Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 1 hr 10 mins
Total Time: 1 hr 40 mins
Yield: 8 servings
Calories: 900 kcal
Ingredients for Recipe
- Bacon, 1/2 pound
- 1 cup of red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup of celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup of finely chopped carrot
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 and 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 13 cups of finely minced green onion
- 1 tablespoon of coarsely chopped garlic cloves, 2 big
- 3 teaspoons of freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons of Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper (optional)
- 2 and 1/2 pounds of diced and peeled potatoes
- Freshly shredded 8 ounces of extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 14 cups of chives, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped green onion
- Freshly shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese, 12 cup
- 14 cups of fresh bacon bits
- Black pepper, freshly cracked, to taste
Directions for Recipe
- The raw bacon must first be chopped into small pieces.
- In a medium-sized skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon pieces for 5 to 7 minutes, or until they are well done.
- Once the fried, crispy bacon has cooled fully, transfer it to a bowl.
- Additionally, moisten a sizable stockpot for the stovetop.
- Over medium-low heat, prepare 1 cup of finely diced carrots, 1 cup of finely chopped celery, and 1 cup of red onion.
- Cook the vegetables for five minutes, or until they are transparent and fragrant. Together nicely.
- Add 1 tbsp. minced garlic and 1/3 cup green onion after that. 30 seconds of blending.
- Add three tablespoons of freshly cracked black pepper, two and a half tablespoons of Lawry’s Seasoned Salt, and one-third of a teaspoon of white pepper. All ingredients should be combined in a big bowl and stirred for 20 seconds.
- With the other vegetables, thoroughly combine the diced potatoes.
- The veggies, especially the potatoes, should be cooked in the stockpot with 1 cup of water for 15 to 20 minutes, or until extremely soft.
- In the pan, add 2 cups of chicken stock and 2 1/4 cups of heavy whipping cream. Mix thoroughly with a sizable wooden spoon.
- The combination should be cooked for one and a half to two hours, or until the potatoes are wilted.
- To make a puree-like soup, fully blend the potatoes in an immersion blender.
- More chicken broth can be added to the soup to thicken it. When finished, stir the soup until the cheese has melted completely.
- The soup should be tasted before adding 1/4 cup of chopped chives, 1/4 cup of chopped green onion, 1/2 cup of shredded cheese, and 1/4 cup of bacon bits. Of course, if you don’t want to, you don’t have to garnish with everything. I garnish my soup with every one of these because saltgrass recipes include them in every kind of soup. The mixture is delectable. Enjoy!
Saltgrass Baked Potato Soup is a nutritious and delicious soup that is perfect for a winter meal. The soup contains potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, and garlic which are all loaded with vitamins and minerals. The soup also contains saltgrass which is high in protein and beneficial nutrients. Saltgrass helps to improve digestion, support the immune system, and reduce inflammation. This hearty soup is sure to keep you warm on a cold winter day!
Read More: Blue Long Island Iced Tea Recipe
Important Tips for the Recipe
There are many tips for making delicious saltgrass baked potato soup. The first step is to gather the ingredients. The main ingredients include potatoes, bacon, onion, garlic, flour, chicken broth, and milk. Other optional ingredients include cheddar cheese, green onions, and crumbled bacon.
The next step is to cook the bacon in a large pot until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pot with a slotted spoon and set it aside on paper towels to cool. Add the chopped onion and garlic to the pot and cook until softened. Stir in the flour until it is well combined then slowly add in chicken broth and milk while whisking continually until smooth. Add diced potatoes to the soup mixture and bring to a boil over medium heat then reduce heat to low simmering for about 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. Lastly, stir in reserved cooked bacon, cheddar cheese ( if desired ), and green onions before serving. Enjoy!
Saltgrass Baked Potato Soup is a great way to end the day. The soup is flavorful and hearty, with a perfect balance of potatoes, bacon, and cheese. The soup can be made quickly and easily, making it the perfect weeknight meal.