How to Cook the Best Keto Butternut Squash Soup Recipe?
Trying to find the right recipe for the best keto butternut squash soup recipe can be tricky. Even though it’s a relatively simple dish, there are many variations out there, so it’s hard to know which one is best suited for your own situation. So I set out to find a recipe that I could recommend with confidence and one that would be easy enough for any home cook to follow. After testing many different recipes (and eating a lot of soup), I’ve finally found the perfect one!
I’m excited to share this creamy keto butternut squash soup recipe with you today! It’s made with simple ingredients and is ready in just 20 minutes thanks to the Instant Pot. The finished soup is so creamy, luscious, and full of flavor: a perfect fall comfort food.
Ingredients for Keto Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 oz. sweet Italian sausage (casings removed)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Indian coconut milk (lite or regular)
- 4 cups chicken stock (low-sodium) or water
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions for Keto Soup Recipe
- Add all ingredients to the Instant Pot, and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender, and blend until smooth (I like to do this in batches in my Vitamix).
- Serve cooked food with a splotch of sour cream in addition to some crumbled bacon!
Keto Butternut Squash Soup Slow Cooker on Instant Pot
Instant pot is a popular method to cook a recipe. At this moment is increasing day by day to the cookers. In this significant, there are described as the best keto butternut squash soup slow cooker on the instant pot. If you want, you can check our chicken noodle soup on the instant pot.
- Ingredients: Butternut squash, chopped onion, sweet Italian sausage (casings removed), minced cloves garlic, coconut milk (regular or lite), cups of chicken stock (low-sodium) or water, Salt and pepper to taste
- Slow Cooker Instructions: Chop all ingredients and place them in your slow cooker. Cover with water and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. Remove chicken pieces from the slow cooker, shred, and then return them back to the pot before serving. Serve with additional toppings if desired (cheese, sour cream, avocado)
- Instant Pot Instructions: Chop all ingredients and place them in your Instant Pot liner/bowl (do not add water yet). Close lid securely & set venting knob to “sealing.” Press the MANUAL button; use +/- buttons until the display says 10 minutes; close the lid securely & set the venting knob to “sealing.” Press the START button; it will begin counting down from 10 minutes while heating up & pressurizing the pot (at which point you’ll see lots of steam coming out). When the timer goes off after 10 minutes have elapsed remove the pot carefully and take off the lid (you’ll hear some pressure release as well), remove chicken pieces from inside of the container but leave the liquid behind–return both backs to the bowl before serving if desired–then serve hot over rice if desired with chopped cilantro sprinkled on top! Makes 4 servings approximately 1 cup each depending on how much broth gets used up by each person eating
Nutrition for Keto Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
- Calories: 223.31 calories per serving
- Fat: 15.52 grams of fat per serving
- Protein: 2.41 grams of protein per serving
- Carbs: 7.23 grams of carbs per serving
- Sugar: 6.4 grams of sugar per serving (natural sugar from pumpkin)
Is Butternut Squash Keto-Friendly?
Butternut squash is a vegetable that is low in carbs and high in fiber. It also provides a good amount of vitamins A, C, E, and K. This means it can help boost your immune system as well as protect you against cancer cells.
It also contains antioxidants which help to fight off free radicals that may cause damage to our body’s cells.
The first step is to peel the squash, cut it into chunks, and put them in the pot with enough water to cover. Then, add the onion and garlic cloves (or powder) and set on high heat for about 20 minutes or until tender. Finally, puree everything together by using an immersion blender (or regular blend) until smooth – that’s all of our today’s best keto Butternut squash soup recipe!