Mama G’s Salsa in a Snap Recipe
Mama G’s salsa in a snap recipe is a great salsa for beginners and for people who are busy. It is easy to make, it only takes about 2 minutes to put together and it tastes amazing!
The ingredients are simple, they are onion, tomatoes, garlic, and cilantro. I usually use fresh tomatoes when I make this but you can substitute canned or jarred if needed.
I like using a medium-sized onion instead of a large one because it gets nice and sweet when cooked down in the saucepan with the other ingredients. If you want some extra heat to add some jalapenos or red bell peppers while they are cooking down with the onions and garlic.
What is Mama G’s Salsa in a Snap Recipe?
This is a quick and easy salsa recipe. You can make it with any type of canned tomatoes, but I always like to use fire-roasted ones. They have a little more kick than the regular kind that you buy at the grocery store.
I also like to add chunks of avocado just before serving to change it up. You can do this by putting them in a bowl and then adding the rest of the ingredients over them and stirring until everything is distributed evenly throughout.
How to Cook Mama G’s Salsa in A Snap Recipe?
This is my favorite salsa recipe. It’s so easy and quick to make, and you can use it as a dip too! I always make this when I have leftover chicken or steak. Any leftovers in your refrigerator can be used in this recipe. You can add chunks of avocado just before serving to change it up!
Quick Ingredients for Salsa in a Snap of Mama G
- 1 full peeled tomato can
- 1 bunch of cilantro, fresh
- 1 can (19 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) of refried beans
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped jalapeno peppers
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions for Mama G’s Salsa in a Snap Recipe?
- Cut up a green onion, then set it aside.
- The stem and the salsa’s spiciness come from the jalapenos, which should be deseeded. 2 jalapenos produce a medium to moderate salsa; you can add more to taste. If possible, use fresh jalapenos. Though that is just my opinion, the canned food has an odd flavor.
- Tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, and jalapenos should all be added to a food processor and blended until smooth.
- Place in the bowl with green onions that have been finely chopped; I enjoy the flavor and crunch they bring.
- Note: You may prepare the dish and serve it right away or store it in the refrigerator for up to five days. If you wish to create your own chips, you may also chop up corn tortillas and deep fry them in olive oil. As they are draining on paper towels, sprinkle them with Lawrey all-season salt.
The end result is a delicious Mama G’s salsa in a Snap recipe that’s ready in minutes. It’s not just for chips, but is great on tacos, in burritos, and even as a dip for nachos.