This quick and easy recipe for a cool Mexican cucumber snack or Pepino Con Chile Recipe is perfect for those hectic days. A cucumber that is crisp and fresh is seasoned with salsa, a squeeze of lime, and a sprinkling of chili powder. Yum!
This recipe is ideal if you’re searching for a tasty, healthful, and refreshing snack. Serve it as an appetizer or snack. You can eat as much cucumber as you like because of its numerous health advantages and high water content. It is the ideal food to consume on a steamy summer day.
What about Pepino Con Chile Recipe?
Unbelievably tasty and easy to make, pepinos con chile (Mexican cucumber snack) requires just a few simple ingredients. Lime juice, hot salsa, chili powder, and fresh cucumbers are used in its preparation.
We Mexicans are raised eating some fruits and vegetables in this manner and are instructed to do so from an early age. It was a lovely way to keep cool when the heat was nearly intolerable when my mother would make this for us as kids using just a few drops of Valentina salsa.
Additionally, it is fairly typical to come across street sellers selling pepinos with chile in addition to fruit cups in Mexico (cucumber with chili powder and salsa).
Read More: How to Make Frog Spit Ice Cream at Home?
Cucumbers are Beneficial
Especially in the heat, cucumbers are excellent for hydrating our bodies. They are great for hot days and to enjoy after a workout because they are primarily made of water.
- Because of their high water content and low-calorie count, cucumbers will keep you feeling full.
- Include antioxidants that promote healthy blood pressure, aid in digestion, and help control blood sugar.
- packed with potassium, magnesium, manganese, and vitamins C and K
Why Choose this Mexican Cucumber Snack?
This wholesome vegan treat makes me think of my sisters and brothers every time. How we would run around, cool off in the pool, get ice cream, eat our favorite summer meals, and go on all the family picnics over the summer.
We all enjoy eating cucumbers with a fresh lime juice drizzle, plenty of chile powder, and a dash or two of salt.
We would raise the dish to our mouths and sip the juices after all the cucumbers had been consumed. Such a treat!
How to Make Pepino Con Chile Recipe?
There are included the required ingredients and less complex directions for making the Pepino con chile recipe or Mexican cucumber snack recipe. Such as-
2. Cutting Board
7. Glass (plastic)
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 0 mins
Total Time: 10 mins
Type: Appetizer, Snack
Cuisine: Mexican, Vegan
Yield: 3 servings
Calories: 28 kcal
Ingredients for Recipe
- 3 medium-sized cucumbers
- Chili powder tahini (as much as you like)
- Spicy salsa from Mexico (Valentina, Chamoy, or any brand you prefer.)
- 2 limes (juice)
- Salt (optional)
Directions for Recipe
- Wash the cucumbers thoroughly. They should be peeled before being sliced into thick slices, spears, or any other shape you want.
- Put them on a plate for serving.
- Lime should be squeezed, then spicy salsa should be drizzled on top.
- Add Tajin powder and then serve. If you’re using another type of chili powder, don’t forget to add a little salt as well.
Per serving contains 28 kcal Calories, 7 grams of Carbohydrates, 1 gram of protein, 1 gram Fat, 1 gram Saturated Fat, 1 gram of Polyunsaturated Fat, 1 gram of Monounsaturated Fat, 4 milligrams of sodium, 238 milligrams of Potassium, 2 grams of fiber, 3 grams Sugar, 125IU Vitamin A, 15 milligrams Vitamin C, 32 milligrams Calcium, and 1 milligram Iron.
Several Helpful Hints
Even though the recipe for the Mexican cucumber snack is pretty simple and usually doesn’t call for any additional ingredients, here are several ways you can eat it:
- You can cut the cucumbers into any shape you choose, including spears, pieces, and thick slices. Focuses on using your creativity.
- Sliced cucumbers should be arranged on a tray with lime wedges, a small bowl of chili powder, and a bottle of hot salsa. Everyone can season them whichever they choose in this method.
- You can choose whether to peel the cucumber. You can either chop them or eat them with the skin on, or you can peel them first. The flavor is perfect in both scenarios. Just keep in mind to choose organic cucumbers if you decide to use skin-on cucumbers.