San Giorgio Mac and Cheese Recipe
Do you hear about the San Giorgio Mac and Cheese Recipe? San Giorgia macaroni is distinguished from other types of pasta by the use of a specific sauce and cheese. It’s versatile enough to be served as a main entrée or a side dish.
If you’re serving it as a main course, add some vegetables like tomatoes and bell pepper to make it more unique. It will also visibly amplify your platter as a side dish.
Furthermore, the addition of cheese in this recipe has its own fan following. This pasta is always a hit with junk food fans. If you need to feed additional people, double the recipe.
It tastes so amazing because of the double heating process (cooking and baking), which I can’t explain in words, so you’ll have to try it for yourself.
Just a friendly reminder that the recipe provided is San Georgia’s hallmark dish.
How to Make San Giorgio Mac and Cheese Recipe?
This creamy and delicious homemade San Giorgio mac and cheese recipe is perfect for conventional comfort food, but it also has a number of mix-in options to help you put a flavor-forward spin on a classic meal. For ideas on how to add bacon, caramelized onions, fire-roasted chopped tomatoes, and even lobster, see the Expert Tips section below.
4. Large Skillet
Preparation Time: 55 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Total Time: 1 hrs 20 mins
Yield: 5 Servings
Calories: 400 kcal
- 1 pound elbow macaroni from San Giorgio
- 1 pound of butter
- Flour (1/2 cup)
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 4 quarts of milk
- 4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese Cheddar is a type of cheese
Instructions for Delicious Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- In a pot of boiling water, cook your elbow or spaghetti macaroni. Toss in 1 tbsp of salt. Furthermore, the addition of 1 tbsp of oil will aid in preventing the spaghetti from sticking together.
- While you’re waiting, heat the butter in a pan. After that, add flour, salt, and pepper to taste. All of these items should be mixed together.
- While the mixture is heated, stir it constantly. Then slowly drizzle in the milk, stirring constantly.
- Cook until the sauce reaches a boil and bubbles begin to form.
- It’s time to add some cheese. Wait for the shredded cheese to soften before adding it.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked pasta with the prepared sauce.
- Fill the baking loaf pans halfway with your mixture and bake for 30 minutes.
- And WOW, what a fantastic cheese macaroni you’ve created. SERVE! Your extra cheesy macaroni to your family members who have previously declared their love for it.
This recipe contains 400 kcal calories, 22 grams total fat, 17 grams protein, 34 grams total carbohydrate, 45 milligrams cholesterol, 560 milligrams sodium, 200 milligrams potassium, etc.
Tips for San Giorgio Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
A splash of Worcestershire sauce gives the sauce a layer of “umami,” a savory richness that improves the mild flavor of the pasta while bringing out the flavor of the cheese.
Make the white sauce base for the macaroni with a wire whisk. Continuously stirring as the milk is added will ensure a smooth sauce ready to melt the shredded cheese into. Make sure the macaroni is completely drained so you don’t add too much water to the cheese sauce when you toss it in.
Replace the Cheddar with any of the following cheeses in place of all or part of it in the recipe: Cheddar (white or smoked); Colby; Adam; fontina; gouda (regular or smoked); Gruyere; Havarti; Jarlsberg; manchego; Monterey jack or pepper jack; swiss; Asiago or Parmesan (up to 1 cup); blue or gorgonzola crumbled (up to 1 cup); brie crumbled (up to 1 cup);
To make Caramelized Onion Mac & Cheese, combine 1 cup caramelized onions with the macaroni.
Add 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika to the flour mixture for the Fire-Roasted Tomato Mac and Cheese. With the macaroni, add 1 can (14.5 oz) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained.
Combine 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne) and 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg with the flour. 1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese can be replaced with 3/4 cup each shredded fontina and Gruyere cheese. 2 cups cooked lobster or lump crabmeat, combined with pasta
Remove the ground mustard and Worcestershire sauce from the Southwest Mac and Cheese. In Step 2, combine 2 teaspoons ancho chile pepper or chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder with flour. Step 3: Toss the macaroni with 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chiles, 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions, 1/4 cup diced bell pepper, and 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro. Before serving the San Giorgio mac and cheese recipe, top with finely crushed corn chips.