Spicy Creamy Shrimp Pasta With Corn and Tomatoes Recipe
This is a quick and easy recipe for a creamy, noodle-y, garlicky shrimp pasta dish. It tastes like something you’d get at one of those overpriced restaurants that keep trying to lure you in with their “farm-to-table” offerings. It is a spicy creamy shrimp pasta with corn and tomatoes recipe. But it comes together at a fraction of the cost, and there’s no shame in that. We kept the ingredients simple and accessible so that anyone can make this, even if the only thing they know how to cook is spaghetti with meat sauce. And now they know how to make this!
The main ingredient here is kalettes, which are newish vegetables that look like a cross between kale and Brussels sprouts. As you may have noticed if you’ve been following our blog for a while, we’re really into Brussels sprouts lately. They’re great for roasting if you’re looking for something to bring to holiday meals (we even made them into fries here), and they’re really tasty grilled or sautéed. Kalettes are similar in appearance but have some of the crunchy texture of kale along with the sweetness of Brussels sprouts.
How to Make Spicy Creamy Shrimp Pasta with Corn and Tomatoes?
We will now discuss how to make a spicy creamy shrimp pasta with corn and tomatoes recipe and all the essential ingredients required and related recipe summary, recipe equipment, etc.
1. Soup Pot
2. Wooden Spoon
3. Paper Towel
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Yield: 4 Servings
Ingredients for Spicy Creamy Shrimp Pasta Recipe
Here we have divided the essential ingredients into three parts. We named the first part cauliflower mash ingredients, the second part kale ingredients, and the third part shrimp ingredients. Let’s take a look at these ingredients in a moment.
For the Cauliflower Mash Ingredients
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Minced 6 cloves of garlic
- 12 cups cauliflower (you should cut it into small florets)
- 2 cups liquid milk
- 2 (14 ounces) canned drained rinsed and white beans
- 6 cups chicken broth or vegetable
- 1 cup shredded cheese, like Havarti or sharp cheddar
- 1 cup cornmeal
- Take salt as said by your taste
For the Kale Ingredients
- 6 cups chopped kale or kalettes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil or sheep fat
- Minced 6 cloves of garlic
For the Shrimp Ingredients
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp (this amount is enough for 4 servings)
- A few good shakes of garlic, chili powder, salt, black pepper, cayenne, and so on.
Instructions for Spicy Creamy Shrimp Pasta with Tomatoes and Corn
To complete a spicy creamy shrimp pasta with corn and tomatoes recipe we need to follow a total of 4 steps. The steps are to mash the cauliflower, cook the kale, cook the shrimp and finally enjoy it by serving. Let’s discuss the steps then.
- For the Cauliflower Mash – Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the cauliflower and garlic. You have to saute for a minute or two until the garlic spreads its fragrance. Add 2 cups chicken broth and 1 cup milk and simmer until soft, about 10 minutes. Next, mash up the white beans roughly with the back of a wooden spoon. It may be a little bit soupy, don’t worry about that. Now stir in the cornmeal and keep stirring. Things will start to thicken up a bit. Adjust the consistency by adding more broth as needed. Add the cheese and seasonings, mixing well.
- For the Kale – Heat the fat in a pan until it is warm. Add the greens and garlic, and saute until they are softened. I added a little water at the end to sort of steam the kalettes. Remove the kale, and wipe out the pan with a paper towel.
- For the Shrimp – Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel, add to the pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for just a few minutes then adds a quick splash of water or broth (about 2 tablespoons) to the pan to pull the browned bits and spices into something of a saucy-coating for the shrimp. It is absolutely delicious.
- For the Serve – Serve shrimp and kale over a big pile of cauliflower mash. It’s delicious!
Notes for Spicy Creamy Shrimp Pasta with Corn and Tomatoes
It is important to give some notes or tips related to the spicy creamy shrimp pasta with corn and tomatoes recipe. When cooking beef, avoid overcooking it by letting it rest for a few minutes after cooking. You can check its doneness by cutting into the meat and checking for clear juices. Remember that beef cooked at too high of a temperature will toughen and dry out, so always use low heat when cooking this type of food. Choose a tender cut like flank steak or top sirloin. Cut the beef against the grain to break down the fibers and make it tenderer.