Shrimp Tempura Bento Box Recipe
Do you know? Shrimp tempura bento box recipe is one of the most popular Japanese dishes worldwide. It is a type of light-battered fried food that has been around since the 16th century. It is a perfect example of how to prepare a meal that is simple enough for home cooking yet impressive enough for entertaining. At its heart, tempura consists of a light, crisp coating fried in oil that doesn’t absorb any oil during cooking. The secret to this quality is in the batter and frying technique.
Tempura can be made with most seafood & vegetables and popular dishes include shrimp, bell peppers, onion, asparagus, eggplant, pumpkin, and sweet potato. While there is no specific definition of tempura batter among the many tempura restaurants in Japan, most tempuras use flour (or wheat) and ice-cold water. This batter is essential for making a light and crispy crust that absorbs little oil during frying. The coating also needs to have a high tolerance for heat so it doesn’t fall apart when the item is dipped in extremely hot oil.
The major components of a tempura batter are usually flour or wheat, starch, eggs or dairy products (egg/milk), and water. These ingredients are mixed together in a bowl until all lumps disappear. Then other ingredients such as baking powder and salt are added. The batter ends up being slightly thicker than the pancake batter.
The key to making high-quality tempura lies in the frying technique and batter/coating’s texture and flavor. The secret to making Shrimp Tempura is in the batter and then the deep-frying technique.
How to Cook Shrimp Tempura Bento Box Recipe?
Here are some important ingredients and guidelines for making shrimp tempura bento box recipes in the right way. These guidelines have to be completed in a few steps. They are tempura dipping sauce (Tentsuyu), preparing the shrimp, preparing frying pan and oil, preparing tempura batter, coating shrimp, deep-frying the shrimp, etc.
In addition to the shrimp tempura bento box recipe, you will find many delicious and wonderful recipes for shrimp. These include creamy old bay shrimp pasta with salad and spicy creamy shrimp pasta with corn. These two are very popular with food lovers.
1. Small Saucepan
4. Large Skillet
5. Plate for serving
Preparation Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
Yield: 4 Serving
Food Type: Dinner
- 10 prawns (black tiger prawns are most suitable for shrimp tempura bento box recipe)
- Dusting potato cornstarch or starch
- 3 cups oil for deep-frying
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup ice water
- 3/4 cup dashi
- 3 tablespoons soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 inches daikon radish
- Tempura Dipping Sauce (Tentsuyu): First of all, take the whole ingredients of tempura sauce at hand. In a small saucepan, combine soy sauce, dashi, sugar, and mirin and boil in that saucepan. After boiling for a while, lower the oven temperature and continue cooking until the sugar dissolves. Take everything out of the oven and collect it in a separate container.
- Preparing the Shrimp: Peel a squash, grate it and squeeze the juice. And straighten it out. Straightening is not necessary, but if you can do it, it looks very beautiful. Drain the water from the shrimp. So that the shrimp becomes dry.
- Preparing Frying Pan and Oil: Heat enough oil in a medium-sized pot. You can check the temperature intensity with your thermometer or chopstick to test. Also when you notice bubbles around the oil, you realize that the temperature for frying has reached the right level.
- Preparing Tempura Batter: Take all the ingredients for making batter at hand. Take flour into a large bowl. In another separate bowl, add ice water with an egg. Now whisk the eggs and water well and mix. If foam rises during mixing, remove the foam with a spoon.
- Coating Shrimp: Pour the tempura batter into the flour and mix well with the chopsticks. Coat it with shrimp. Take potato starch in shrimp, it will be much better to do your coating.
- Deep-Frying the Shrimp: Leave the shrimp carefully coated one by one in hot oil. You can fry up to 5-6 pieces at once. If taken in excess, there is a risk of lowering the oil temperature, which may interfere with deep-frying. Keep frying until your desired shrimps turn brown. Fry all the shrimp in this way.
82 kcal Calories, 5 grams Carbohydrates, 2 grams Protein, 6 grams · Fat, 5 grams, Saturated Fat, 1 gram Polyunsaturated Fat, 1 gram · Monounsaturated Fat, 1 gram Trans Fat, 21 milligrams cholesterol, 102 milligrams sodium, 15 milligrams Potassium, 1 gram fiber, 1 gram Sugar, 19 IU Vitamin A, 1 milligram Vitamin C, 10 milligrams Calcium, and 1 milligram Iron.
This is a detailed discussion of making shrimp tempura bento box recipes. Which we hope will be of great benefit to food lovers.