Black beans, corn, tomatoes, bell peppers, and shredded chicken are all ingredients in Trader Joe’s Mexicali Salad. Additionally, it includes a simple but tasty dressing.
After being thoroughly combined in a bowl, the ingredients are placed on a dish.
With olive oil and lime juice at the top of their list of ingredients, Trader Joe’s provides a recipe for the dressing.
How to Make Trader Joe’s Mexicali Salad?
There are given the different ingredients and directions for making the Trader Joe’s Mexicali salad at home without hassle.
Ingredients for Recipe
- 1 head of washed, dried and chopped romaine lettuce (or another salad green).
- 5 cups of tomato, chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn (thawed)
- 6 cups of cooked, shredded chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces.
Directions for Recipe
- In a big bowl, thoroughly combine all the ingredients.
- Put it on a platter and serve.
- Add some dressing mixture to the ingredients listed at the top.
Health Advantages of this Salad
- Trader Joe’s Mexicali Salad is a source of vitamins A, K, E, and B6.
- Corn and tomato fiber are both beneficial for maintaining digestive health.
- Zinc and selenium, which are abundant in chicken, aid to strengthen your immune system.
- Olive oil and lime juice, which are high in vitamin C, are both ingredients in the dressing.
- Tomatoes and maize are excellent providers of potassium, fiber, and folate.
- The bell peppers are a good source of vitamin A, folate, and C.
- The black beans provide magnesium, iron, and fiber.
Alternative to this Salad Recipes
There are included some alternatives to salad recipes. If you want, you can enjoy the following salad recipes instead of these salad recipes.
- Old Bay Shrimp Pasta Salad Recipe
- Pagliacci Salad Recipe
- Spicy Lao Cucumber Salad Recipe
- What to Serve with French Toast?
FAQs for Trader Joe’s Mexicali Salad
The Mexicali salad from Trader Joe’s has how many calories?
One container (312 g) of Trader Joe’s Mexicali Salad with Chili Lime Chicken has 380 calories. 50 percent fat, 26 percent carbohydrates, and 24 percent protein make up each calorie.
Is It Freezable?
Mexicali salad from Trader Joe’s can be frozen. Just let the salad a few hours to defrost before serving.
What is the serving size for Trader Joe’s Mexicali Salad?
There are 2.5 servings in each box of Trader Joe’s Mexicali Salad. You won’t feel hungry right away because it is rather substantial, but you should have leftovers for lunch the next day.
Food facts for Trader Joe’s Mexicali Salad
The Mexicali salad from Trader Joe’s is very calorie, fat, and sodium dense. It has more calories than some other products at Trader Joe’s, but it has a very low-fat content—4.5 grams per serving (1/2 cup)—despite having higher calories.
Is it wholesome?
Good things about Trader Joe’s Mexicali Salad include its low calorie, fat, and carb content.
Where can I purchase Trader Joe’s salad from Mexicali?
In Trader Joe’s food stores, you may purchase Mexicali Salad.
Is it free of gluten?
The Mexicali Salad from Trader Joe’s contains gluten.
How do you store?
After opening, Trader Joe’s Mexicali Salad needs to be refrigerated. It has a three-month freeze-term.
Does the Mexicali Salad from Trader Joe’s Taste Good?
Yes, the Mexicali Salad from Trader Joe’s is tasty. It needs to be eaten with the dressing listed at the top of the ingredients list because it could be a little dry for some individuals.
Review of the Trader Joe’s Mexicali salad
The Mexicali Salad from Trader Joe’s is tasty. It is filled with beneficial nutrients, vitamins, and minerals.
It has a pleasant flavor, is full and low in fat, and is reasonably priced. Although the dressing is simple to create, it lacks taste. The chicken shreds might be a little too dry.
Is it safe for pregnant women to consume?
Women who are pregnant should avoid eating Trader Joe’s Mexicali Salad. Chicken, maize, tomato, and spinach are all ingredients.
Is It Vegan-Friendly?
Because it contains chicken, Trader Joe’s Mexicali Salad is not suited for vegans. Others counter that since the chicken only contains a little amount of chicken tissue, eating different protein sources at the same meal may be okay.
Does It Work for Diabetics?
Diabetes sufferers should avoid Trader Joe’s Mexicali Salad since it contains tomatoes, maize, and black beans.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Trader Joe’s Mexicali Salad?
Tomatoes, corn, peppers, and shredded chicken make up Trader Joe’s Mexicali Salad. The dressing can be produced from the components mentioned on the top of Trader Joe’s Mexicali Salad, notwithstanding the possibility that the ingredients might be touch dry.
The Trader Joe’s Mexicali Salad is excellent. It contains healthy amounts of protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
The price is reasonable, and the components on their list at the top can be used to make the dressing. Green vegetables could be added to Trader Joe’s Mexicali Salad.